Saturday, March 31, 2012

IN SUMMARY...

Well, all in all, my trip was a great experience.  Things I had trouble with emotionally:
  1. having a cane all the time
  2. able to walk on the beach only twice
  3. DEPENDING on assistance to get around the airports
  4. Heat sensitivity
and physically:
  1. all of the above LOL
I found I was able to manage the heat by not spending much time outside during the hottest time of the day(except for that one day when I had the "pool experience").

We ate too much, saw some neat things, went out for a coffee almost every morning, laughed and just generally had GOOD TIMES!  I took many pictures and so did my Mom and Dad, can't wait to see theirs when they get home.

My brother picked me up in Buffalo and we stopped at Honey's for a draft on the way to the border.  We got 2 large pizzas there, and imported them to Canada, plus a case of beer at the Duty Free.  Passports in hand, we crossed over at Queenston-Lewiston again-easy!

Delta airlines has a good wheelchair assistance program, and they actually had a survey and a follow-up phone call to assess their performance in this area!

So would I do it again?  You bet I would!!

Now it's back to reality.  Of course it snowed yesterday-yuck!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am glad you had a good time Sandy.

show me the way...a housand journeys said...

Thanks Kim. Good to be back-NOT! LOL