Here's a sample of what it looked like for another passenger on this route, but we don't have any idea if your journey will be at all similar.....
1974 Optic Neuritis (AGE 18) [MS mentioned but no dx] 
1974-1986 (no MS symptoms)
1986 dx RRMS (AGE 30)
[no sx really] 
1990 dx CPMS ( very stressful time in her life)
1993 back to dx RRMS
[she was for sure going to control it]
1986-2010 (very slow progression)
2010-2012 (more rapid progression) [DV, NYSTAGMUS, ANXIETY, USE OF MOBILITY AIDS] dx SPMS?
2012 (AGE 56-38 years later) maybe SPMS? [still mobile but all sx more pronounced]
The one thing we can predict with some accuracy is that you're not going to change the insidious creep of this journey.
1974-1986 (no MS symptoms)
1986 dx RRMS (AGE 30)
1990 dx CPMS ( very stressful time in her life)
1993 back to dx RRMS
1986-2010 (very slow progression)
2010-2012 (more rapid progression) [DV, NYSTAGMUS, ANXIETY, USE OF MOBILITY AIDS] dx SPMS?
2012 (AGE 56-38 years later) maybe SPMS? [still mobile but all sx more pronounced]
The one thing we can predict with some accuracy is that you're not going to change the insidious creep of this journey.
In the past, you may have thought you could.
But in the end, denial, pretense and avoidance only go so far. 
"toot-toot, all aboard!"
4 comments:
'The one thing we can predict with some accuracy is that you're not going to change the insidious creep of this journey'
Isn't that the truth! I've always thought people who said "I have MS but it doesn't have me" just haven't had it long enough to know its power.
cheers for sharing Sandy, this is helpful and encouraging stuff; I hadn't realised about the ups and downs of your diagnoses. I'm glad to have met you, eh
So true!
Thanks Toby,eh? I shocked myself when I counted the years(on my fingers of course)! Take care....and I plan on posting more some day when the mood (or lightning) strikes me. Haven't ruled out Tai Chi yet!
Post a Comment