Sunday, July 8, 2012

GABAPENTIN VS. FAMPYRA...and contact lenses?


Sunday, July 8, 2012

GABAPENTIN VS. FAMPYRA...and contact lenses?

Okay I've been on Fampyra for 64 days, the first 34 of which showed great results with my walking, standing, balance and stamina.
Then I started on Gabapentin as well, with the hopes it might improve my vision.  THIS WAS MY OPTION 1 FOR MY VISION.

Well it may have improved it slightly after 30 days, but my body has still not adapted to the Gabapentin.  I'm still weak and slow and my balance is off.  The nurses tell me to give it 60 to 90 days.  WHAT?  I guess so...it's been hard to stay on, considering the improvements I had experienced with the Fampyra, for walking.  It was that old story of one drug's SUBSTANTIAL benefits in walking, being compromised by the other drug's POTENTIAL benefits for my vision.

However I am moving on to OPTION 2 for myvision (as well as staying on the Gaba).  Tomorrow I will try contacts to help control the nystagmus!

Could be a big FAIL or it could help.  


WE'LL SEE (no pun intended)

No comments: