Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I LEFT THE GROUND TODAY...

Thanks to my friend Elizabeth Murphy, aka Lizzy McFly.  She also blogs at ELIZABLOG.  Here she is in front of her airplane Vyctor, with my silly bag on the ground beside her. 

Here are some shots I took from the airplane as we cruised at 3500'.  We did the scenic route first over Niagara Falls-pretty spectacular!

Then we proceeded to do some aerobatics...AMAZING!  How can I describe it?  When you see the ground coming up at you, and then you see blue sky in an instant-can you say disorienting?  I loved it. (and I only closed my eyes once-really)   Mind you I took a little gravol first.  Elizabeth is a fine pilot.


I am a Private Pilot who's been "grounded" for a long time, and was absolutely thrilled to go up.


  Isn't Niagara Falls grand from 3500'?


Then here I am after our morning flight, looking pretty HAPPY! (with my silly little bag on the ground still) 

I was pretty high (no pun intended) all day!
I have some more photos and videos to come...keep watching for that...


3 comments:

show me the way...a housand journeys said...

testing again!

Kim said...

Awesome! How wonderful!

show me the way...a housand journeys said...

It was the best! As one pilot (me-the "grounded" one) can say about another-Elizabeth's great! I can't wait to go up again.