Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'M SURE I CAN FIT...Mar 18. 2012

MARCH 18TH!  TRAVEL DAY

My good friend Bearie made packing difficult but I managed to get it done!  He was sure he could fit but I had to explain that the new security protocols would be tricky...

So my brother picked me up and we headed across the border between Canada and the US, passports in hand,  on the Queenston-Lewiston bridge-quick and easy...

...AND THEN HERE i WAS at the Buffalo Airport looking at the security entrance from my perspective in a wheelchair.  My brother assisted me to get my luggage checked before I took this picture.  Then the Buffalo assistant took over, nice fellow.

Then, the dreaded PAT-DOWN...not so bad!  They asked me if I could go through the scanner, and I said I didn't know if I could stay stable enough and they immediately asked for a female guard to do a pat-down instead.  Very thorough, and she told me exactly what she was doing...it was really okay! 

As a VERY INDEPENDANT PERSON, the hard part for me was "surrendering" to this process, but it's done in a very professional manner, and hey-you don't have to stand in line!!

No comments: